First, we will explore St.-Germain, the French elderflower liqueur, and Aperol, a mildly bitter Italian aperitif that one could call the lesser known step-cousin of Campari. Combined with fresh grapefruit juice and Champagne or Prosecco, and you’ve got a drink called the Shaddock’s Fizz, which was our featured cocktail for our Little Christmas party this year. I made so many of them that I was calculating recipes to do 6 or 8 at time. Very popular, very tasty, and great for an afternoon tailgate!
- 2 ounces Aperol
- 3/4 ounce grapefruit juice (preferably fresh squeezed)
- 1/2 ounce St.-Germain liqueur
- 2 ounces Champagne or Prosecco – or to taste
- Grapefruit twist
- Pour Aperol, grapefruit juice and St.-Germain into a cocktail shaker. Shake well.
- Fill a highball glass with ice, and pour in contents of shaker.
- Top with Champagne or Prosecco and add grapefruit twist