From The NFL Gameday Cookbook comes another classic that is so easy to make you’ll wonder why you haven’t made it before. Or something like that. They call it “Just Can It” Bean Salad because you just open up cans of beans, rinse them off, and throw them in the bowl. We call it 5-7 Bean Salad because we like to shake it up by adding more varieties of beans.
- Cans of cannellini, kidney, black, butter, garbanzo, lima, green, wax, etc… beans, rinsed and drained
- about 8-12 marinated artichoke pieces – don’t rinse these off, the oil and dressing gives the salad flavor
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar, more to taste
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp capers, we left them unrinsed
- 1 tsp dried basil – or you can be adventurous and add pesto – for this game we added cilantro pesto
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp black peper
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Mix gently, cover, and refrigerate overnight. Take out of the fridge (or cooler) at least 30 minutes before serving to bring out the flavors.